Friday, July 10, 2015

Tutorial: Holiday Gift Bag

Hi everyone,  It has been a while since I have done a tutorial, so I thought I would share a Christmas gift bag I recently created.  So I am here today to show you how I transformed a plain white gift bag into a Vintage Christmas Gift Bag.  

So lets get started.


I used a striped printable from VectoriaDesigns and added the sentiment Merry Christmas from PicMonkey. I then layered it on top of some paper from Tim Holtz Paper stack 



I then used my Misti to place my Holly Snowflake Swirl Stamp exctly where I wanted it on my paper. I used my paper distresser along with Walnut Stain (one of my staples) to to make the edges look more vintage.

I added a sticker swirly to the bottom and adhered the finished piece onto the white gift bag.  Now a bit of advice, when you are adhering to the gift bag, make sure you use some strong adhesive, because once you start filling up this back, the paper may pop off. I tell you this from experience.  A hot glue gun worked great to make sure the paper stayed in place.



I also added a fun matching gift tag. 


I have this great tool called Crop A Dile that I use on all my tags. Work Great!


These bags were super easy to make and will house lots of fun Christmas Goodies this holiday Season. So don't go out and buy gift bags this year, make them. People will be ooing and aaahing!

Thanks for stopping by.



Items I used:


1 comment:

Megan J said...

Hi Monica, what a great idea, of of the local shops closed down recently and sold plain bags of cheap, my intention is to something very similar to this, at least for the little gifts! Thanks for the tutorial, have a great week...Megan