First though, it is time to say goodbye to Janet, one of our Merry Maidens. Janet has been with us since March and has been a wonderful member of our team. Her talents will definitely be missed. We will see Janet's last project during the midway. I would ask that you please join me in wishing Janet all the best as she moves on!
For now though, it is time to get on with the challenge. Here is what you need to know...
The BasicsWhile you can find out ALL the information you need to know in order to participate in the challenge by checking out the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page (or by clicking HERE), here is a refresher of the basics.
- Anyone can link up as many Christmas and/or December holiday themed cards (including Happy New Year's cards) throughout the month with an ANYTHING GOES theme.
- Every person who has linked up a MINIMUM of two (2) cards will be eligible to receive a specially designed Christmas themed digital paper.
- Each month there will be an OPTIONAL theme to follow. Anyone who submits a card adhering to the monthly theme, will have the chance to win a prize from that month's guest sponsor.
- Every holiday card you submit to the link up, earns you one chance to win a special digital Christmas kit that will be offered up after the year is complete.
Optional Theme: Anything GoesNormally our challenge is two-fold: 1) an Anything Goes portion where people can submit any type of Christmas and/or other winter holiday themed card for the chance of earning a free digi paper as long as they submit two cards, and 2) an optional theme portion where participants have the chance to win a prize from our sponsor. This month the optional theme is also Anything Goes. So, as long as your card is Christmas related, the sky is the limit! That means that EVERYONE who enters this month will have the chance to win this month's sponsored prize of three (3) images from the Crafty Sentiments Designs store.
Speaking of Crafty Sentiments Designs, it is time to learn about this brand new sponsor...
Crafty Sentiments Designs started back in 2009 by myself Suzette the owner, Myself and my artists brings you cute whimsical and fun characters. We also carry our own brand of exclusive Rubber stamps, Digital stamps, Sentiments and cutting dies, perfect for all your scrapbooking and card making needs. There is always something new each month as we release new images. Crafty Sentiments Designs is now having live shows on Hochanda.TV a UK based craft channel. Visit the website at www.craftysentimentsdesigns.co.uk for lots of products.Check out the great images the team worked with for their projects for the beginning of this challenge. Clicking on the names of the images below will take you to their location in the store.
Challenge Blog: http://craftysentiments.blogspot.ca/ Store: www.craftysentimentsdesigns.co.uk
Harriet - Cold Christmas
Joy of Christmas Digi Stamp
While team members had the option of working with any of my Décosse's Dynamite Doodles papers, I did create a special set called An Eclectic Christmas 2. Check out the preview...
Everyone who links up a minimum of two cards during the month of October will earn ONE of the digital papers from this set. The specific paper up for grabs will be shown during the winner announcement post. Additionally, one random winner will earn the full set of papers.
Have your say in determining which paper will be offered to those who link up a minimum of two cards this month by completing the poll in the sidebar on the top right hand side.
Now check out what the Sleigh Belles came up with to inspire you. Clicking on the names will take you to the individual blogs where you can check out the details for all these wonderful cards...
So what are you waiting for? It is time to link up your Christmas and other holiday cards for October! Whether you choose to link up two Anything Goes themed cards simply to earn your free paper this month, or you choose to also follow the optional theme (which also happens to be Anything Goes this month) to have a chance at the sponsor's prize, it is completely up to you!
If you are new to this unique challenge, you can find out the impetus behind why I started it under the 'Introductions' tab and all the details you need to know in order to participate, in the 'Challenge Details' tab (both tabs located at the top of the blog).
We have a packed month as usual; so, Pat and I and the rest of the gang hope to see you back with us soon!
- Join us on October 8th, when we hope to publish the names of the winners and top picks from Challenge #20.
- Then, be sure to join us again on October 15th, for our midway post where you'll get to see cards created by the Merry Maidens!
- Then during the third week of October, Pat should be here to share a Christmas tradition and.or recipe with us all.
- Other special posts may be published throughout the month. Be sure to sign up to have our posts delivered by email or follow us through Bloglovin' so you don't miss a thing!
CHALLENGE DETAILS SUMMARY
Each month we'll include a summary of details for the particular challenge taking place. If you are new, please be sure to familiarize yourself with all the details and rules in the 'Challenge Details' tab at the top of the page. Please note that dates and times listed below are for this particular challenge only:
- Cards for this challenge will be accepted from 6:00 p.m. (18:00 hrs), October 1st - 11:55 p.m. (23:55 hrs), October 31st, 2016.
- If you wish to receive the free digi paper being offered up for this month, you need to link up a minimum of two (2) Christmas or holiday themed cards.
- This is NOT a progressive challenge. You can jump in at any time.
- Only a maximum of three (3) entries will qualify for the draw for this month's prize of of three (3) images from the Crafty Sentiments Designs store.
- No backlinking.
- Make sure when entering your project that you mention The 12 Months of Christmas Link Up in your post with a link back to this blog.
- Please remember to link directly to your blog post where we can see your creation, and not just the generic link to your blog. Only permalinks are accepted.
We look forward to seeing you participate!